A dental implant is a small titanium post that acts as the root structure would for a natural tooth. A dental implant is placed into a jaw bone. Once the bone has grown around the implant (usually in 3-4 months), implants can hold a crown, bridge or over-denture just like roots hold natural teeth in place.
From a single tooth to full mouth teeth which has been lost due to injury or disease can be replaced with dental implants.
Dental Implants give us a unique way to replace missing teeth in an oral cavity. Dental Implants takes fixed support from bone and provide excellent support and stability to prosthetic crown or denture. Dental Implants are surgically placed into jaw by an Oral Surgeon and its prosthetic crown are placed by Prosthodontist.
Few Important Facts about Dental Implants
- Implants can last a lifetime as they are durable.
- Dental Implants don’t affect other teeth needlessly. It fits well with the other teeth
- Dental implants may be used on patients with low bone density.
- Out of numerous dental implants mainly two kinds of implants are popular, endosteal and subperiosteal. The former is used for most patients, while the latter is for patients who have thin jawbones.
- Implants have a very high success rate.
- The crown attached to dental implants are very similar to natural teeth and often enhance or restore a patient’s smile!
- Only requisite is maintenance as natural teeth; this includes brushing, flossing and regular dental check-ups.
Cost of Dental Implants in India
Single Tooth Implant Prices
The price of a single tooth dental implant can cost anything between Rs 10,000 to Rs40,000 in India. For the crown and abutment, expect to shell out Rs5000 to Rs15,000. If you add them up, the total cost for a single tooth implant ranges between Rs15,000 and Rs55,000.
Cost of Full Mouth Dental Implants
The cost gets multiplied according to the number of dental implants used in full mouth rehabilitation.
Usually, In All n 4 full mouth rehabilitation cases, 4 implants in the upper jaw and 4 in the lower jaw are placed to restore the first molar to first molar teeth which will cost you somewhere between 1,50,000 to 2,00,000.
If you go for more number of dental implant for full mouth dental implant rehabilitation, then cost may go high up to Rs5,00,000.
The above cost is the average rate when you pay it out of your pocket. The estimate includes charges such as the cost of an initial consultation and dental implant surgery, but your cost can be more depending on your circumstances.
If you go for premium implants like Nobel bio-care then it will cost you even more.
For full article click: https://yourhealthessential.blogspot.com/2019/12/dental-implants-as-treatment-option-in.html